Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Special Education Assistant..please read.

I want to go back to school to be a special education teacher, while writing a letter to a teacher of mine, i mentioned that and she gave me the idea of becoming a special ed assistant, i was wondering if anyone knew anything about a school online that offers that, how long i would have to go, and if after my associates degree i could assist, then go back when the time is right. I'm new to all this and while searching i hardly found anything. thank you all very much.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Answers (4)
  • I dont think you need a degree to be a "para-educater" might want to look into that for while you are going to school.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • Depends on where you live. In SC you have to have an Associates Degree to be an assistant.

    Answer by AnnHenderson at 4:43 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • Be very careful with online education. The for-profit schools are mostly scams. Check with local community colleges and universities; they all have financial aid available and most have online classes.

    Answer by rkoloms at 7:10 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • I am a teacher in Georgia and we require our Parapros to complete a summer session through the RESA which stands for Regional Education Service Agency. The classes are very afordable and this would allow your children to get used to you being away from home some of the time.

    Answer by StaceyFrancis at 7:39 PM on May. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Toddlers (1-2)

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
When u get sick do u get help?