Getting extremely p***ed off at HD, help?

so my husband smokes, and we are having financial problems and the stress is outrageous. well my husband has increased his smoking and it is costing us way too much money. he has spend like $25 in cigarettes just in the last 4 days!!!!! its is driving me crazy, because we can barely make our bills yet i can not get him to stop smoking or to even cut back!!! what do i do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• What Lisa Ann said is so true. If you are a smoker and you are stressed out, you smoke more. That's how it works. We all know that smoking is bad for our health, heck, even smokers know that. And sometimes that knowledge actually makes it harder to quit. Ever wonder why scare tactics along don't make people quit? It's because you are telling them something that they are already aware of and they are addicted. I would personally recommend perhaps trying a less expensive brand of cigarette if he is not yet ready to quit right now.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:35 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Not much you can do. You will only quit if you want to but maybe ask if he can smoke a cheaper cigarrette.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 4:41 PM on May. 5, 2009

• ask him to increase his death benefits for you when he drops dead of lung cancer.
    Anonymous

• I would pitch a huge fit. I would get really pissy and not shut up about it. If your man is smoking that much he is sending himself to his grave early. That on it's own should upset you more than the money. You don't want someone you love to slowly kill themselves. The money is huge too. Just get pissed about it. Because that is a major waste!!! Yes set him straight!
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 5:34 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Oh come on people, none of you smoke I take it? When you're stressed, you smoke more. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but it's an addiction. I'd have to go with the cheaper brand since he's needing more to calm him down. I do understand that it's hard financially, and he needs to understand it too. You married a smoker tho, so you can't tell him to stop now, but to cut back should be fair to ask (or to not remain above what he typically smokes).
    As for the lung cancer... seriously people, we all know it's bad for us, it's bad to be around a smoker (even if they smoke outside), but there's a lot of people that have smoked for 50 years that are still breathing fine, and who do not have lung cancer (or any other kind).
    Maybe you could talk to him and you could figure out something to do to relieve his stress besides smoke (those smokeless cigarettes are great because it feels like you're smoking when you're really not).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:25 PM on May. 5, 2009

• OP Here: Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Anon 5:33, *Cough*Bitch*Cough.

To the other ladies that actually gave advice, and not a stupid comment under the mask of a anon, thank you gals!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on May. 6, 2009