Sores on my head?

I have several sores on my head that I pick at. I know this is disgusting but I can not help myself. :( This is why i'm asking this question anonymously. Does anyone know of anything I could do to get rid of them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Health

• Don't be embarassed. They are probably pimples in your hairline I get them too, and I have no clue how to get rid of them, sorry!
    Tarabella

Answer by Tarabella at 5:05 PM on May. 5, 2009

• if they are at your hairline towards your face it is probably acne, if they are near your hairline at the base of your neck it could be shingles. get it looked at by a dermatologist. try a salicylic based shampoo or facial wash if it is near the face.
    Anonymous

• I get stress and hormone induced acne. It happens on top of my head also. It can get really bad.
    Try not to pick as it may cause infection.
    Wash your hair a couple times a day during that time and wash your hairbrush well.
    I started my period yesterday and all of a sudden mine are gone. Go figure. It took a long time to connect these to stress and hormones.
    Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Are the sores caused by picking or something else? If they are caused by picking alone you might see a behaviorist to help you stop the compulsive behavior.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 11:23 PM on May. 5, 2009