loss of parental rights, what do you think about this?

Quebec dad sued by daughter after grounding, I don't know how to post a link but google it and share your opinion. Short story is that the dad grounded his daughter for breaking rules and she sued him and won, she's 12 years old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well if it ever happened here I guess expect to see thousands upon thousands of parents locked up for saying "screw you I raise my kids as I see fit" many famlies being torn apart.This would be the worst idea ever
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:28 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Not in US, don't care.
    Anonymous

• Haha that sucks for him. Thank god it didnt happen here....... but how long until it does?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 5:09 PM on May. 5, 2009

• If this law were to take effect and said 12 year old no longer had to abide by the rules of her parents, and wound up pregnant, in jail, or worse, do the parents then claim she is no longer their responsibility, and she is now on her own, since they TRIED to correct the bad behavior, and were told they are not allowed to govern their flesh and blood, because it made said offspring "angry?!"

Would LOVE to see that follow up!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:18 PM on May. 5, 2009

• That was an idiot judge to let that one go that way. Open Pandora's box and see what you get.
    Anonymous

• wow that is freaking crazy!!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 5:22 PM on May. 5, 2009

• What? that is nuts.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:23 PM on May. 5, 2009

• http://www.parentalrights.org/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={81C1F260-4A9F-4013-8164-68A360E295A5}

A similar treaty is about to be passed in America that will make incidences like that start to happen here too.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:24 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I think it's BS and would disown the little witch. Regardless of it happening in Canada first, if the UN passes their garbage it will be happening here before you know it.
    Anonymous

• My mom grounded me for 50 years back when I was about 13...only 11 years left to go...LOL
    Anonymous