Babies first doctors visit....yayyyyy

Im sooooo excited today my baby will have his first doctor's visit and I am just wondering what will they do? What should I be aware of? When your baby had his/her first little visit with the doctor what did they do and how was it?
My first child so Im courious!!!!! Thanks mamas ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its mostly weighing, checking measurements and doing a full body exam to make sure that baby is developing like he/she should be. than asking you a bunch of questions about what babies eating habits are sleeping etc..and answering any questions you may have. that is how all of the apointments go for pretty much the first year unless they need a shot then you have to do that too, but they normally don't need one at the first apointment.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:11 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Nothing major....they will just check weight, height, check him from head to toe......basically let you know how he is doing as far as weight gain or loss, skin tones, eyes, head all that good stuff. It wont last long, BUT you should really take this time to ask the doctor any questions that you may have thought of or come across since you left the hospital. If you have some questions it is a good idea to write them down since you might forget them when you are wrapped up in watching your brand new baby get checked out.
    GOOD LUCK and CONGRATS!!!!
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 5:13 PM on May. 5, 2009