What do you think of the name Anthoni Grace for a girl,

My mother died when i was 7 and she meant the world to me i miss her so very much her name was Toni she was 28, my hubbys dad's name is anthony and we said if we had a boy we'd name him anthony but we both like Anthoni for a girl because it has both my mom & his dad in it, what do you moms think of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I like the meaning behind the name but I don't like the name Anthoni for a girl. Sorry! I would say either name her Toni after your mom or find another name. I have never heard a girl named Anthoni and I feel that she might get made fun of for having a "boys" name.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anonymous
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 5:16 PM on May. 5, 2009

• my real name is jessi, not jessica, and let me tell you all through school i got grief b/c at that point jessi was a boys name. i even had teachers who assumed i was a boy on the first day of school and would call role by "mr or ms" and your last name and i got called "mr" numerous times. anthoni really sounds like a boys name to me and if i were just looking at it would assume it was a boy. i would go with toni like anon 5:14 said or find another way to honor your mom with babies name. it's great meaning like she said but just see it causing alot of grief and explaining all through life
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:17 PM on May. 5, 2009

• How about Antoinette instead...that is wear Toni comes from originally.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:19 PM on May. 5, 2009

• How about Antonia Grace? The feminine form of Anthony and it has Toni in it too.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:20 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I really like Antonia better.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:23 PM on May. 5, 2009

• sounds like a boys name to me
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a boys name too, and maybe just have toni
    Anonymous

• actually, I didn't catch that toni was a boys name either, sorry, so no to both, but try to find a way to put toni in a name wthout it looking boyish
    Anonymous

• Antonia Grace...I like that better than Anthoni.baby girl

Anonymous