when will i go into labor? am i already there?

ok so i think i lost my mucus plug the other morning, it looked like snot but no blood or anyhting.  my mom says i will have the baby soon. my tummy has been hurting and i have been feeling some presure but not pain that i think should be contractions. so what gives? what's going on?

AmandaKay2009

Asked by AmandaKay2009 at 5:14 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Loss of the mucus plug does not necessarily mean that you are going into labor. There are women that lose their plugs, and then grow a new one back just to lose it again later.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:19 PM on May. 5, 2009

• if your in labor the contractions will take your breath away..and youll have to stop talking when they come on...they WILL hurt (atleast thats what b/f sister tells me..I have none of my own experience)
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 5:22 PM on May. 5, 2009

• hug4akiss described transition labor, but you may well be in early labor right now. The mucous plug often signals that labor is soon, but not always. I lost mine 7 days before my first was born and never lost it with the second until I was in the hospital.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:24 PM on May. 5, 2009