Will you pray with me?

I know that a lot of you have dealt with this problem. Now I know how it must have felt for you, and it is not pleasant. I told my dad today that I am changing my denomination of faith. He freaked out and tried to bribe me with money, he threatened to burn down the church, and lastly he told me he wanted nothing to do with me while I am following my decision. He basically tried to make me choose between him and my faith in God. Please pray that he will come to peace with my decision? I would be most grateful. Also if you have any words of encouragement I would greatly appreciate it. God bless you all.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 5:17 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • yes sister i will pray for you ")
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:14 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I will be praying for you. My dad was a pastor and when I left the denomination he didn't disown me but he was not happy at all. Before he passed though God did bring healing to our relationship and him and my mom were going to church with me. So, I will be praying remember put it in God's hands and He is able to do exceeding, abundantly above all that we could ask or think. God Bless
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 5:22 PM on May. 5, 2009

• give him some time. I will keep you in my thoughts.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 5:26 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I am very grateful thank you.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 5:31 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I am sure he will come to peace with it, just give him time. I will pray for him to accept it and be open hearted. I know it is hard now but I am sure things will improve swiftly. :)

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 5:45 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Don't worry Mo, he will come around. Keep the faith.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:59 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Thank you all. If he doesn't I guess I will have to live without him.
    I will still pray for him.
    God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 6:10 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Mo, he may be angry for a while, but as my mom says "Well, he will just have to get good again." Sorry you are going through this. HUGS.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 8:56 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Thank you. My dad is hard headed and strong willed. (Where do you think I got it from?) LOL
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 9:28 PM on May. 5, 2009

• What denom is he and what denom are you switching to?
    As to words of encouragement, you have to be yourself whatever that may be.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:52 PM on May. 5, 2009