How do I make my son understand that is ok to help but not all the time.

I will like to know if anyone can give me any tips on how do I make my almost 6 yr old son understand that helping others is ok, but that he needs to mind his business firts and then help. He gets in trouble at school for help others.

malex

Asked by malex at 5:24 PM on May. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i would tell him its great he wants to help (and kuddos to you for him being that way) but that there are certain times, you have to wait to see if someone asks for help. especially in school, everyone has to learn and if he always helps they won't get to learn what it is they are studying (say its writing an "A", use the example that if he writes the A to help his friend than his friend won't learn how to do it himself)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:27 PM on May. 5, 2009