Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if you are'nt married to your babys farther but your in a relationship with him and you suspect that he is seeing another woman.

My baby's farther stays in another town about a hour and a half drive away. Me and my son see him twice maybe three times a month. We have talked about marriage,but have'nt confirmed anything. I want things to work ,but he does'nt show much intrest in either of us. He says he is'nt big on showing affection, but I say if you care about someone you show how you feel. And my son will need guidence beyond just a mothers touch. To add insult to injury I suspect he is cheating. He barely spends money on our son. I think he might be spending it on his side female or simply his mother. To make a long story short he needs to get off the tit. I UNDERSTAND being close to his mom but not when it comes to choosing to do things for his motehr more than doing for his son.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • Maybe he isn't the best father figure for your son...

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • leave him forget him if YOU know hes not interested in you then just forget him save your son from someone whos later going to make him feel unwanted.

    Answer by chukuku at 5:37 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • Well momma. That situation a little crazy. Sounds like you have a mommas boy. If you can feel that he is cheating on you in your stomach. Your gut is not usually wrong. I have to say only three days out of a month is crazy. My boyfriend lives an hour away. I see him everyday. Does he have a car. Why would you want to be in a relationship with someone that sees you barely and doesn't take care of his son. That is the real question sweetie.

    Answer by akmami0f4 at 5:38 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • You sound like a single mom and you are a single mom... it doesn't sound like it's going to change if you keep wasting your time on this guy without knowing his true commitment to you. Maybe it's time to just face the fact that maybe he doesn't want a relationship with you or your baby. If that's the case, take him court and get child support and you're better off finding a new daddy.
    If he does want a relationship with both of you, then lay down some laws. Make him man up and be the father figure you expect from him.

    Answer by lilmommy0416 at 6:17 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • I do not know the circumstances of your relationship, but he doesn't sound like he is offering you much in the way of emotional support if you are only seeing him three times a month. If I were you, I would break it off, file for custody, and get CS established. Move on with your life, you deserve better.

    Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:45 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • My advice is to leave. When a man REALLY TRULY loves you he will show it, he will be with you and be all about you. You can find a better father figure for your son. And YOU deserve to be loved. You could do sooo much better. There is a man out there looking for YOU who wants to love YOU, and he'll be good for your son as well. Go find him!!

    Answer by gottalovemal at 7:00 PM on May. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.