How old is too old too have a baby?

I have three girls and a step son But my husband is so desperately wanting a baby?

threedaughters

Asked by threedaughters at 5:43 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There is no such thing as too old. Its all about you and if you can handle it or not. Do YOU want a baby? Can YOUR body handle it?

Keep in mind that the older you are the higher your chances of having a complication, but that does not mean you can not have a healthy pregnancy.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:45 PM on May. 5, 2009

• i think having a child after 50 is selfish on the parents part. most adults that age, not all but most, can't handle the strain of dealing with toddlers, and then teenagers. and that puts the parent at almost 70 when their child graduates from highschool, not to mention if they make it that far (not saying that is old but you never know) and i think you shouldn't have kids if you can't be there for them 100%. that goes for everyone, not just older parents but parents who don't take care of their children either
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:51 PM on May. 5, 2009

• 40
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 5:55 PM on May. 5, 2009

• As long as you think about how old you will be when the baby starts doing things like terrible twos, dating, driving, getting married and having babies of their own. If you feel you are young and healthy enough to really get to enjoy their life then go for it!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 5:57 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I agree after forty is selfish and dangerous.
    ours

Answer by ours at 6:31 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I'm 38 and pregnant.. I think it depends on the mom she has to determine if she is ready to go through a pregnancy.
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 6:53 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I agree it truly depends on you and your feelings.  I had my children quite young (last one at 21),so I wouldn't  exactly start a second family at this point in my life (i'm 48).   My mothers last child was born when she was 36. 

pregnant belly

Nanna22

Answer by Nanna22 at 10:15 AM on May. 6, 2009

• if you are worried about birth defects i suggest not having kids after 30. there's a higher risk after that age.
    Anonymous