Do you realize that simply proving that Evolution happened or that the Big Bang Theory is real, does not prove that God is not?

1.The Bible doesn't really use scientific descriptions of many things, including how God created the earth. It uses metaphors.
2. God is bigger than our wildest imaginations, we could never fathom His greatness, our small minds aren't big enough.
3. He CANNOT fit into our boxes that we try to put Him into He is so much more than what we could even conceive.
4. Everything that has ever happened in the history of all the world, is NOT written in the Bible.
5. However, one thing is clear and it is this:

[He is] the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelations 1:8

Why do some people doubt God, simply because of science?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well scientist were not around when the bible was written so how could they have used science if it didn't even exist yet? I don't think people doubt God because of science, some of the greatest scientist in the world are religious, so if they need proof for everything because everything revolves around science but yet they still believe God is the almighty then I'm a believer as well. It takes a lot for a scientist to believe in God, so I'm convienced!! Anyways, I don't know if that answered your questions but have a good one!!!
    Anonymous

• Did you know you don't have to be an atheist to discuss or accept science as fact?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:51 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Umm. That is a good question. I personally believe in both really. I think science and God go hand in hand. I believe he created all of it. It's almost as though it's just another one of the Devils tricks. Just another way he tries make us believe that God isn't real. I wish more people thought like me. I think they go hand in hand. It started somewhere right. Even if the world did evolve it evolved from something. Where did that something start from? I think it is just another trick of the Devil.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 5:53 PM on May. 5, 2009

• OP Here, Scientists may not have existed, but how could science not have existed? Just because it wasn't written about does not mean that it didn't exist. I think that science is real and so is God.
    Anonymous

• Good post. You make sense. I believe in evolution but I also believe God was originally responsible for the putting the first living cell on earth that eventually became human. (After Millions of years) I believe Adam and Eve were symbols. Not ever real. ANd,think about this: After Adam and Eve had Cain and Able and Seth....how did the next off spring appear? Hmmm? Did Cain or Abel or Seth sleeep with Eve? Ewwww. That would be incest. So who was the woman who created Cain or Abel or Seth's kids? They never say,do they? And what about Lilith? See....it was all symbolic. God created the first sign of life on earth millions of years before the Bible stories were written, in my opinion.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 5:54 PM on May. 5, 2009

• But evolution does discredit the whole, "we were created in his image" part. Exactly which of our many ancestors does god actually look like? And if you can discredit one portion of the bible, it obviously isn't the infallible word of god now is it?
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 5:57 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I don't doubt God because of science. I doubted God long before I understood science. But I see no reason why people who believe in science can't believe in God as well. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 6:00 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Of course I realize proving scientific theories that oppose or appear to oppose the Bible (at least to some) don't prove the non-existance of God.

Do you realize that just because a book says there is a God doesn't prove there is one? Or that - if there is a God - it is how that books says it is?
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:14 PM on May. 5, 2009

• No, evolution and the big bang do not disprove God.....but they sure do make it seem like he doesn't do much, since everything happens on it's own! :D (That's actually how I first started questioning God.)
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 6:20 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Laura1229, OP Here, Yes, I absolutely do believe that just because the Bible says that there is a God, doesn't mean that there is one. I hope that no one believes in Him simply because the Bible says so. I know God personally, I have an actual relationship with Him. Believe it or not. I knew that God was real before I ever even read about Him in the Bible. He is waaayyyy bigger than the Bible or religion. I can't even imagine His fullness and all of His majesty. He is real because He lives inside of me and all around me. Not just because the Bible says so.
    Anonymous