• In the Spotlight:

how do i make a fruit salad?

i have rasberrys, and blackberrys, what can i do ?

angels4262

Asked by angels4262 at 6:00 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You can toss them into a bowl and mix with whipped cream if you have it. There is no real recipe for fruit salad. You can do whatever you want. Thats why I love it. I will chop apples and oranges, or use melon or strawberries. I will sometimes use canned fruit cocktail too.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:01 PM on May. 5, 2009

• thanks, whiped cream sound yummy
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 6:03 PM on May. 5, 2009

• if you don't want to use whipped cream try a little sugar, makes the juices come out more, but it also makes it go bad quicker so you have to eat it quicker
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:04 PM on May. 5, 2009

• We always mix some yogurt in with the fruit, either that or some citrus fruit/fruit juice to help preserve the fruit, especially if you have apples in the salad. The citrus or yogurt keeps the apples from turning brown.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:07 PM on May. 5, 2009

• With just berries, I would freeze them and then run them though the food processor or blender with some yogurt.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:25 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I've heard of honey and yogurt as a fruit salad dressing, but we like the natural flavors of the fruits, so I just cut them up and mix together, adding some orange juice to hold the color. If I use canned fruits, I use some of that juice instead of the orange juice.

Answer by Bmat at 6:28 PM on May. 5, 2009

• We love to have berries with homemade whipped cream. So y ummy!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:28 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I dont do fruit salad but I put sugar in sour cream until it has a creamy texture and isnt too sweet and I dip berries in it, mostly srawberries its yummy =)
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 8:26 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Like others we don't use cream. I roll a couple of oranges the squeeze them over the fruit. Esp. if there are cut apples or pears in it. My sister like this poppyseed dressing she buys premade on fruit. I tried it at a baby shower she held recently and it reall is a nice twist and change.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:55 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Put a little bit of sugar in the berries and let sit in the fridge, the sugars will make a yummy juice. Serve over sponge cake with a little whip cream or over ice cream. You can also just eat the berries and juice.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:50 PM on May. 5, 2009