my 4yo cries when i go out with my friends? what should i tell her?

i have a 4 yo girl that is very attached to me and she cries when i go out alone with my friends... i bring her sometimes with my friends if they are kids with them.... but if its for the adults only!!!! she doesnt want me to go...
i dont know what to do?

filipina99

Asked by filipina99 at 6:02 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• tell her you will be back when such and such happens. like my dd is 3, i tell her i'll be back after you eat lunch, or right before you go to bed. or i'll be back when the sun comes up if i won't be there at bed time, but i tell her i'll come in and give her a kiss when i get home.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:03 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Just try to comfort her and reassure her that you will be back. I had the same problem with my oldest. Its hard at first. But she will get use to it after awhile. I think I was kinda sad when my oldest was alright with it. lol
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 6:05 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I never tell the kids where i am going..I always say to do boring grown up stuff, and tell them how lucky they are to be able to stay home and play.
    MoMmY2APrince85

Answer by MoMmY2APrince85 at 6:10 PM on May. 5, 2009

• At this point she is playing you. She knows she is making you feel guilty. Reassure her that mommy always comes back but that you have to go for awhile. She will get over this soon.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:47 AM on May. 6, 2009