can they seperate twins attending pre-k

We signed my twin boys up for pre-k. When we did they told me that they were going to seperate them. I dont think they have the right to do that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes they can and yes they do.
    Anonymous

• Why would they not have the right to? lol
    Anonymous

• they will seperate them in regular school so i think its good for them to get used to it now. they need to get used to being their own person and not being around each other all the time. i've never heard of schools leaning towards allowing siblings to be in the same class, usually they try to seperate them so that they can meet people on their own and so forth. if you don't want them to be seperated you may have to try to find a school that will allow them in the same class together.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:07 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Why wouldn't they be able to do that?

Throughout grade school I knew 3 sets of twins, and they were always separated. In high school I knew one set of triplets and they were encouraged to choose elective classes different than their siblings, and were separated in their core classes.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:10 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Why would twins NOT be separated?? You do realize they are two different beings right??
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:10 PM on May. 5, 2009

• It helps to keep them from distracting each other and the other kids. Plus they need time apart to develop their own interests.
    jaclynn20

Answer by jaclynn20 at 12:40 AM on May. 6, 2009

• they always try to. i am a twin and i only shared a classroom for 4 months with my sister. apparently we were very disruptive and caused trouble, so i was taken out. i am still very close with my sister, but i feel being in seperate classes was for the better.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:16 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Why would they not have the right to? We had twins in our class (only one of each grade so they couldn't be seperated) and they were always disruptive and distracting to others around them. They are together at home all the time so why not give them some time apart?
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:33 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Yes they can. And yes they probably will. Get use to it. They have 12 yrs of schooling ahead of them and they WILL probably be seperated every school year. It is too much of a distraction to have siblings together. I use to teach prek and we had cousins once (they were VERY close) and it was too much. They ended up getting seperated. Plus, it gives them more room to grow and not be attached to their 'other half'. This is the age when they are discovering a lot and I feel it's best they do it on their own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on May. 6, 2009

• when my twins start pre k i want them to seperate them! if they are seperate they dont depend on each other for play time and things! i think its pretty selfish of you not to want to seperate them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on May. 6, 2009