Obsessive Licking?

My son keeps flicking his tongue over his lower lip, like a cat licking it's paw only faster.. he's 19 mos. I've never seen a kid do that before but he's been doing it a lot lately. Anyone else's LO do this?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 6:14 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A lot of kids go through a licking phase at about age 2. Just be grateful it's just his lips. My guy wanted to lick everything glass including store windows and mirrors in public bathrooms. Wicked gross! My friends daughter licked people. Fortunately not strangers but she'd be sitting snuggling on the sofa and just start licking her mom's arm or her dad's face or whatever.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:59 PM on May. 5, 2009

• none of my children did that. But he probably something new that he just learned. Kids do silly things all the time. Don't worry my kids did some weird things some times. My oldest loved to eat bar soap as a baby and when i took it way she would scream he head off. I mean chunks of soap
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 6:18 PM on May. 5, 2009

• No but i would assume its just a stage hes going through. dont react to it, and it will probably go away
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 6:19 PM on May. 5, 2009

• My DD doesn't do it but my god son did it when he was about 4. He would lick everything. The windows, couch, dog, phone while talking to his mom, playstation remote and his gameboy while he was playing it. That was actually funny to see. He finally grew out of it but it was gross while it lasted. We had to clean everything when he went home at night.
    jflowers

Answer by jflowers at 11:33 PM on May. 5, 2009