Time to take down the crib bumper?

I kept the crib bumper on my DS's (8months) crib and secured it so he couldn't suffocate or anything. It was great because we share a room (until we move to Cali in 2-6months) and it kept him from being able to see what was going on and he would go to sleep. Now, he's able to push himself up with his arms and push the bumper down and look over it at me.. which is cute when he gets up in the morning.. not when we're trying to go to bed! Last time I took the bumper down, he kept getting his thighs stuck between the bars so I put it back up..

Since he's looking over the bumpers anyways, should I take them down or leave them up so he doesn't get his thighs caught?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 6:25 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never took my son's off. He's 9 months. My other son's I kept on as well..he's 7 now
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 6:26 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Emma is 8 months in a few days and she still has her bumper pad on too.. and I'll probably keep it there for a little longer
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 6:35 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I keep it on because my son kept getting his legs stuck. He moves constantly, so until he is able to stand up in his crib, I'm keeping it in. He is 8 months.
    Anonymous