Very much a TMI question, Doc was NO help at all.

I have a boil on one of my labia. Doc confirmed it as such and all STD tests came back negative (as I knew they would.) He said it happens sometimes and will clear up on it's own. No meds, no suggestions, nothing. He seemed very bored with the whole situation, and was rather annoyed that I was even there. I've never had a boil ANYWHERE before, much less THERE, so am at a loss as to how to get rid of the blasted thing. It hurts like hell when I urinate, shower, sit, stand, walk (you get the idea.) Any ideas on how to clear this thing up??

debra_benge

Asked by debra_benge at 6:28 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Health

• I sometimes get these, but I always thought they were just ingrown hairs. This is gross, but mine are usually poppable, and they do go away.
    Anonymous

• ask the pharmasist b/c i don't know if the ointment can be used in that area, but my dd gets them and the ped and pharmasist recommended a "black ointment" you put it over it and cover with gauze (gauze is more breathable than a bandaid) and it dries it out. and makes it pop quicker, it will pop just like a zit after a certain period of time, but you want to make sure you clean the area really well when it does so you dont have anything going anywhere it shouldn't hint hint, i'd also suggest wearing a panty liner til it does pop b/c its gross when it does, a bunch of puss and blood.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:31 PM on May. 5, 2009

• corn starch will help til its gone. good luck
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 6:31 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Sit in an epsom salt solution, perhaps. If you can't manage it, then epsom salt solution compresses. Ask the pharmacist. You don't need to give the specific area where it is. I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 6:32 PM on May. 5, 2009

• tomato paste, i know sounds gross, but it is an old country remedy and it works. warm tomato paste as warm as you can stand it. just keep reapplying the paste or put some on a pad and then sit on a hot water bottle, it will bring the boil to a head and it will burst.
    Anonymous

• im not trying to be funny but whats a labia?
    Anonymous

• also, that "black ointment" is a salt based heavy ointment that also is a drying agent, it may burn your mucus membranes and i do not believe the label is indicated for mucus membranes.
    Anonymous

• I have had a few of these in my life and they will hurt for a few days and then usually the pus will rise in the skin so that you can pop them. I usually try and squeeze them a little each day to try and work them up in the skin and then usually after 2 days or so they'll pop easily.
    Anonymous

• According to Nutritional Healing:
    The infected area should be washed several times a day and swabbed with antiseptic. Also apply honey directly on the boil. Vitamin A and E emulsion directly on boils is effective. Use clay packs and/or chlorophyll.
    Warm Epsom salt baths are good. Apply moist heat three or four times a day. Prevent spreading of the boils by using clean towels.

It says: Within twenty-four hours boils become red and filled with pus. Swelling of the nearest lymph glands occur. (poster here: You have lymph glands in that area, so keep an eye on that.) A boil will normally heal in ten to twenty-five days. If the boils are very large, a doctor should drain them.
    Essential supplements: Chlorophyll 1TBS.; 3 times daily in liquid form.
    Garlic capsules (Kyolic) 2 capsules; 3 times daily
    Germanium 200 mg. daily

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:43 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Labia: lips of the vagina.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 6:47 PM on May. 5, 2009