Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there any way I can go back to my maiden name without divorce papers??

I am in such a bad relationship right now, and I can't stand the thought of having such an abusive man's name. We're separated but nothing is documented yet. Help please!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • OP here, I know that I can wait til divorce is final, but I wanted to make sure that there isn't any way I can change it before then?

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • yup
    you can go change you name to mickey mouse if you want to

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:37 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • yes but it cost money. Here in our county in FL it costs $250. I was going to do it but can't afford it.

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:44 PM on May. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.