Coffee

Is it ok to drink a cup or two of coffee while pregnant or would decaf be any better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• regular will be fine just don't over do it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:46 PM on May. 5, 2009

• its ok you're just supposed to limit your daily intake to 1-2 cups a day of coffee or i believe its 1-2 cans of soda a day, one of the other. however i drank probably 5 cans of coke a day with my dd and shes perfectly fine.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:46 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I limited myself to one caffeinated drink a day when I was pregnant. My son was born three weeks early, but is fine.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:47 PM on May. 5, 2009

• my dd was born 3 weeks early too and i drank mtn dew alot, but she was in no way underweight, she was 9lbs3oz & very healthy
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:48 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Personally, I never limited my caffene while pregnant, I never over did it, but I still had my coffee once a day along with another caffeinated drink, just double your water intake and dont over do it. All 3 of my kids were never early and all were very healthy.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 6:51 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I don't drink coffee, but I am a pop drinker. Drank alot w/ my son, he was born big and healthy almost 5 years ago. Drink pop a lot w/ this pregnancy as well, If you are really worried about it, do it in moderation.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 6:55 PM on May. 5, 2009

• cafiene at all is not good for baby for MANY peasons
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:31 PM on May. 5, 2009

• oomg at all theese mommies - did you know that cafiene in prego greatly increaes the chances of adhd??!!
    Anonymous

• As much as I love my coffee I don't drink a drop when pregnant, I try to eat and drink as heathy as possible and this includes no caffiene.....I loved the book Skinny Bitch, so once I found out I was pregnant I took Skinny Bitch Bun In The Oven out of the library. They have an entire section on coffee and it's effects on you and your baby. Some of the effects for baby: decreased birth weight, smaller head size, jitters, metabolic problems, and even mental retardation. Not to mention coffee beans, like other crops are grown with chemical pesticides.

A recent study of over 1,000 women from 32 states found that ALL of their breastmilk contained traces of rocket fuel! yeah, ROCKET FUEL! That's in our bodies because of the crap we put in them and on them....scary stuff!

I've switched to decaf organic herbal tea!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:55 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Wow dont stress over it, caffeine is fine in small doses, my ob recomends it once a day, im 37 weeks and my baby is fine. Tea though is not so good, some of the herbs they use are not good for the baby.
    BigSurprise2

Answer by BigSurprise2 at 8:48 PM on May. 5, 2009