Anyone dreading Mother's Day?

Anyone have a not so good relationship with your mom,MIL,or stepmom,and are dreading the day?Details please!

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 6:46 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm right there with you. I'm probably sending her a letter, but she won't like it. Last Mother's Day she was so nasty to me, yelling, we had a full blown argument. I dread the guilt, the memory, and everything about her. I'm spending MY day with my beautiful kids and husband. I may send her card from the kids, but not me. I'm angry about so much, and I just can't move on. Sad, I know. You are not alone. Enjoy your day, please focus on you!!  I thought of writing this same question, but was to afraid of the answers I'd get.  I thank you for doing it. 

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:15 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Well you are a mom too mama! it is your day too!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:49 PM on May. 5, 2009

• no, i love my mom, she's my best friend :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:49 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I am for only ONE reason. MY soon to be-ex will try to bring me a present, "because I am the mother of is children" and then try to stay and visit me.
    My daughters, sons and my mom are all my best friends, so because ot THEM I will have an awesome day. But this will be my first Mother's Day as a single mom and I really dread having to deal with the soon-to- be- ex.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 7:22 PM on May. 5, 2009

• My mom is dead. My kids are grown but too busy with their own lives to be bothered with me. I dont dread it as much as it's just another lonely Sunday to me

Answer by admckenzie at 7:37 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Being A Motherless Mother/Grandmother I'm SAd on this Day! I was Taken/Stolen by the RN & Lied & kept me from my Bio mom! The RN I found her Dead when I was 13. Her Mean, Elderly, Abusing, Alcholic DH was Hard to take Care of. Illeterate & what Not . It was A Terrible Life! Finding my Bio mom Dying when I was 19 & Pregnant wasn't Good either I never got to know her! She died at 46 of Breast Cancer! I'm never Well on Mother's Day! With DH & I Jobless doesn't Help! For Each year I Dream once of Fine dining out & me with New Clothes! Can't Happen!! I'm going to spend it with my oldest Newlywed Daughter & her Mean MIL. The one that Ruined/Destroyed their Couple's Wedding Shower I threw & lost my Life Saving's on!! Although my Youngest Daughter & her Family is invited she's not coming. Neither is my MIL who is Making A Big Meal For all of her other Adult Children. So I again will not be having any kind of Day I hope for Dream of.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:41 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I had a good relationship with my Mom, but I dread it sometimes as she has passed away. I try to be happpy for my own family, but in my heart there is that piece missing.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:30 AM on May. 6, 2009