Have you ever met someone with mild Aspergers? What are they like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• a bit socially awkward. the boy i met is very nice, but has a hard time interacting with others. you can tell he's uncomfortable. i know there's more to it but thats what i noticed about the boy i know
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 6:57 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I don't know anyone with aspergers but my son has PDD-NOS which is an autism spectrum disorder.

He has no speech and is a little socially awkward, but he is the smartest kid I know. I think he knows more about the world than I do. I just wish he could tell me about it.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 7:02 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I worked with troubled youth for a couple years, a few of the kids had aspergers.... they were bright, funny and out going. but socially, they tended to have out bursts over small things, and get flustered really easily.
    Anonymous

• I've had a handful of students with Asperger's. Like everyone else has said, the social interactions are awkward. But, the rigidity is what's most difficult for them; it's hard for them to adapt to changes or something unexpected. They can get caught up/stuck (or perseverate) in those instances. (If they have an apple for lunch everyday, and one day the apple isn't there a child might have a meltdown of sorts.) If they're reassured and coached on strategies to help with their anxiety during these times, they fare a lot better.
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 8:10 PM on May. 5, 2009

• My DD goes to school with a boy with it. You should hear him play the cello.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:45 PM on May. 5, 2009