• In the Spotlight:

Have you seen or heard Citizen Soldier?

I am so proud of our family's Citizen Soldier (my son in law) who is currently serving overseas with the National Guard. He is a policeman but who has always had a soldiers heart. My daughter and their baby girl are working hard to continue making their home while their hero is fighting to keep our country safe.
Here is an awesome youtube song written by Three Doors down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJRthpxDM10
get your tissues

Do you have a soldier?

ps I also am very proud of my step son (Army) who just returned from Iraq, and my middle son who is serving with the USAF. Please pray for all soldiers safety and comfort.

lifeasinoit

Asked by lifeasinoit at 6:48 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am a soldier (army reserve). My husband is a soldier on active duty. We both have been deployed to Iraq. I agree with the idea that those who are not on active duty should get more benefits. We are required to keep the same standards on our own time. It can be a harder job. We have to do both our civilian job and our army job at the same time.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 8:49 PM on May. 5, 2009

• YES! My DH is currently active Army, my BIL is currently active Air Force and I have many friends that serve in all branches.

IMO if the National Guardsmen/women get sent outside of the US, then I believe they should be entitled to the same benefits while deployed. Sadly, my cousin isn't reaping the same benefits as me b/c her DH is Nat. Guard, but he is serving in Iraq. I think our "citizen soldiers" should be compensated better for situations like these. (not a bash at the govt/military, just think they should get more than what they do in that type of situation)

THANK YOU to all of the people that serve our country!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:56 PM on May. 5, 2009

• ya like last year when it came out
    Anonymous

• I hate that song. I am respectful of those who serve but I hate that song.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 7:53 PM on May. 5, 2009

• My husband is active duty, and has done three tours (39 months) to Iraq.

My best friend's husband is NG and it's my understanding that if a NG or reserve soldier is activated, they receive ALL benefits just like they are active duty, because they ARE active duty while their units are activiated. They get active duty pay, free Tricare Prime, complete access to MWR Commisary and Exchange, the whole works. The spouses even get updated ID cards for the duration of the activation.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:35 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Well considereing it's been out for ages...yes I've seen it.

I like the video and I admire all those who serve. I have close friends who serve in the armed forces (one in the air guard and one active duty). Thank you to them and all who serve our country!
    Anonymous