Weight of baby...

I just had an ultra sound done today, and it is saying that she is about 7lbs. (34 wks) Dr. says I could have a 9lb baby. The ultra sound is measuring between 37-39 wks. I know that I am only 34, and this is a definite, no questions about it. Does this mean anything, as to her coming earlier than her due date or no? Also, couldn't this be off by a pound or two correct?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could be off, but it was right on for my dd at that point and the docs estimate ended up being correct as well. if you and babies' dad were bigger babies than you may just have a bigger baby
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:54 PM on May. 5, 2009

• op here , I was 6lbs 9oz, and I know my husband was around 5lbs, so niether one of us were big. My son was 7 12.
    Anonymous

• Every baby is different. My mom has six kids, we all ranged from 6 pounds to 11 pounds. either way its gonna happen. =)
    Anonymous

• Ultrasound weights are off up to 2 lbs.
    Anonymous

• I didn't have ultrasound estimates, but my last 2 months or so, my Dr was telling me that by my size he thought my son would be around 6-6 1/2 pounds. My son came out almost 8lbs.
    They can be off. And the further along you are, the more off they can be, just because baby is getting so big and harder to measure accurately.
    hang in there momma, all will turn out in the end.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 7:02 PM on May. 5, 2009

• no it means nothing as to when your baby will come .
    it can also be off by up to 2 lbs it is only measurements
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:04 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I went to the doctors at 28weeks and they did an ultrasound and it said my baby was already 3lbs 2oz and was at 30weeks. They said looks like ur gonna have another big baby because my first was 8lbs 3oz and my second was 8lbs 7oz.. I'm not a big person either so, I guess it'll happen. I hope not a 9lb baby, lol.
    Anonymous

• It is just an estimate. More than likely, your body will produce the baby that is perfect for you. Mine got bigger each time--7 lbs 12 oz, 8 lbs 6 oz, ,and then 9 lbs 3 oz. Honestly, the worst thing you can do is stress over this. Stress will inhibit labor & then you may end up having trouble that you never would have had if the doctor hadn't made this guess. Best of luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:52 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I am not stressing over this at all. I am just curious as to how accurate this can be. Me being my size which I am pretty small, I can't imagine having a 9 lb baby is all. I am having a c-section, so I'm not stressing pushing her out or anything.
    Anonymous

• They told me he would be small. 9.7 is not small lol
    Mep291

Answer by Mep291 at 9:08 PM on May. 6, 2009