Pulling out a tooth?

One of my daughter's top teeth is super wiggly, so wiggly I can see the top of the tooth when I wiggle it and it's sort of hanging there...is there any way I can pull it, or how do I go about pulling it? It's really gross, and it looks like her gums might be getting irritated too. I'm sure she doesn't wash her hands every time she wiggles, right?

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 7:02 PM on May. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My husband had to pull my DD's out cause it was turning black. He took a tissue and folded it on his fingers and just pulled it straight out.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 7:06 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I got a wet paper towel and tried to pull it...hers has a light blue tint to it. I'm sure it will come out on its own soon, but it's soooo gross eating dinner across from her and watching this darn tooth hanging and wiggling when I'm trying to eat!!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:11 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Just pull it out. She may be in pain for a second. Use a little oral gel Thats how I did it for mine and all is well
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 7:11 PM on May. 5, 2009

• ooooh I think we might still have some from when baby brother was teething!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:19 PM on May. 5, 2009

• i pulled a tooth for the girl i was a nanny for. Her parents thought it would fall out on it's own and she was afraid to pull it and they were to grossed out to pull it. It was super wiggley for about 2 months and just wasn't coming out so i asked her if she wanted me to pull it. So we set up the salt water rinse, and i had her recline into my lap so i could be a good grasp on the tooth. i grabbed it with a tissue and gave a little tug and it started to come but was still hanging by a little bit so she tried and go scared to i gave one more little tug and it had a big root and that's why it wasn't coming out but it barely bled because it was so loose. Just let her know it will hurt a little but not much and be sure to offer her to pull it so she doesn't feel like your forcing it.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 7:23 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I pulled my son's cuz it was like that. I counted to three real slow, but pulled it at two. He didn't realize what had happened and didn't cry until I said three!
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 7:35 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I've helped my kids pull many teeth I take a cloth and pull out they come.
    Momof2Stepof3

Answer by Momof2Stepof3 at 11:57 PM on May. 5, 2009

• i made my daughter wash her hands and set the timer for 5 min...made her twist in one direction only...and woohoo! there it was.
    SpitfireShelly

Answer by SpitfireShelly at 3:19 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My kids' father (I'm too much of a wimp to pull them out) handles the really wiggly teeth by wrapping floss around the tooth and slides the floss to cut any remaining roots and pulls. It has worked for three out of four teeth.
    Shellybelly02

Answer by Shellybelly02 at 2:07 AM on May. 18, 2009