The real end of the world

Not the 2012 garbage. In about 5 billion years, the sun will expand to a giant. When that happens, it will increase to about 20ish times its current size, meaning the earth will be incinerated and reduced to cosmic dust, assuming any dust survives.

What do you think the status of people will be by then? Will we have managed to blow ourselves up long before, or will be go up with the planet, or will we have figured out how to move ourselves out of the solar system by then?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:06 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We will either be extinct or we will have moved out into space.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:23 PM on May. 5, 2009

• We'll have blown ourselves up,or have damaged our eco system so bad we'll all be extinct!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:07 PM on May. 5, 2009

• OK I beleove in what my name inplies, but even if Jesus did not come before this happende, we would all starve due to global increase in population and not being able to grow enough crops to feed everone. When will it get to be that bad? In 2050 it will be that bad. But I truely beleive Jsus will be back by then.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:16 PM on May. 5, 2009

• IMO humans will either be out of here by then and/ or we would have destroyed the planet before that happens.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:20 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I definitely think we'll be long gone off Earth by then.

Having migrated to some other planet, I mean =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:22 PM on May. 5, 2009

• where did you get that info??
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:23 PM on May. 5, 2009

• mommymeg03 - that is the based on data regarding how long stars survive and how they die. It is the scientifically accepted timeline of our sun.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:25 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Humans won't still be here. We will have moved on somehow, whether it be to another planet or back.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:25 PM on May. 5, 2009

• That will happen but in a shorter amount of time and the earth will be restored to the way it was before man sinned.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:49 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I believe that God will maintain the universe to keep in balance His will, anything can go downhill if not taken care of and since I believe the Bible and it says that THIS earth will remain forever I will trust in Him...Concerning the earth, the psalmist declared: “It will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever.”—Ps 104:5.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 8:44 PM on May. 5, 2009