Am I the only mom spending a fortune on baseball crap for my Tween?

b-radsmom

Asked by b-radsmom at 7:22 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• No you are not. There are alot of moms that do the same thing. I come from a family of baseball moms. My son is only five but I spend alot on his stuff.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 7:25 PM on May. 5, 2009

• UGH! I hate watching baseball. Once we found out how expensive it is, we chose another sport. My FIL has always played softball on a team, they, FIL and MIL were insistent that our ds play baseball. I told them when they were willing to pay for it and bring him to all of the practices and games then he could do it. They stopped forcing it after that.
    Our ten year old has been in soccer and basketball. He loves basketball and it is cheap, which is another plus.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:34 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Don't switch to hockey, it's more expensive, TRUST ME!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:50 PM on May. 5, 2009

• it is insane isn't it!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 8:16 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I'm sure you're not. I did soccer, field hockey, tennis, softball and volleyball in the Spring and Fall to stay in shape for my main sport, basketball, and my parents spent quite a bit on those. For Basketball, they spent THOUSANDS upon thousands and it's a sport that only requires you to really purchase shoes lol. Between the couple of camps each year, shoes, travel, sports apparel for practice, trainers and whatever else, I'm not sure how they did it. I wish I would have appreciated it more when I was a kid.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 2:25 AM on May. 6, 2009

• We definitely spend ALOT! My 12 yr old is a baseball fanatic and that's all he wants to do. But since he's so passionate about it and is pretty darn good, it's worth it!
    DeniseLV

Answer by DeniseLV at 11:12 AM on May. 8, 2009