Can you give me a sample of things you eat on your low carb diet?

I lost tons of weight on a low carb diet,the prob it's hard to stick with.Looking for more things to eat,including fruit that you do.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 7:27 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Be careful in fruits and veggies - some are not good for a low carb diet. According to the 'diabetes diet plan', have carrots, peas and corn only sporadically. Watermelon and citrus fruits are also on that list.

You can eat berries all you want. Be careful in bananas - they have a lot of carbs.

Eat lots of protein - lean meats, fish, turkey pepperoni is a great snack. Jerky is, too. Low-fat cheeses and yogurts are great...but make sure to look at the carbs on the yogurt. I think Dannon Light & Fit non-fat was a good one. Beans are also great for protein, as well as nuts.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:58 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Things with low carbs. Duh. I eat fruits and veggies. Things like carrots, tomatoes,cucumbers, apples, oranges,cantalope and watermelon. Protein is a necessity too. Try fish, like tuna and salmon, or chicken.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 7:34 PM on May. 5, 2009

• People forget how much sugar is in carrots, and I LOVE them! Watermelon, which is an excellent fruit choice, also has alot of sugar, as well as apples, and even bananas. We were eating alot of these fruits and veggies until we realized that they were keeping us in a perpetual weight loss stall. Once we took them out (only temporarily), we dropped some pounds right off. We are now re-introducing them back into our food choices b/c they are good for you, but in moderation if you are watching your diet, or are diabetic.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:49 AM on May. 6, 2009

• All fruits and vegetables are good choices, although carrots and watermelon are high in sugar, but it's GOOD sugar because it's natural, not refined. For a low carb diet eat 100% whole wheat bread or multigrain bread, not white. No white potatoes. No refined sugar (no HFCS either!). Avoid processed foods. They are loaded with crap.

I'm eating a low Glycaemic Index diet due to a insulin regulation problem and I dropped 6 pounds the first 2 weeks.
    Anonymous