What is your night sound?

Do you need to have it absolutely quiet when you sleep at night or do you have to have some sort of noise in the background?
Please explain.

I love the sound of the rain at night, but I hate to hear the television or people talking while I am trying to sleep so I turn on a fan next to my bed as "white noise" to drown out other noises.

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 7:34 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love to have a fan..my fionce however doesn't....but he lets me...we didn't have air conditioning when i was a kid so we always had fans in our rooms growing up so when I sleep w a fan...there is something soothin about it that relaxes me
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:55 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I am with you. I have to have noise. Right now I have an air purifier and I turn it on high at night!
    Anonymous

• I have to have it quiet even the white noise of the TV bugs me but I leave it on for the baby...we need cartoons on at all times or he gets bad dreams.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:36 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I need complete silence when 'm trying to sleep. DH watches TV in our bedroom. I can't fall asleep till it goes off. Or I'll turn it off as soon as he's snoring! lol. In the summer I do like the sound of the fan or AC though.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 7:37 PM on May. 5, 2009

• If I am tired i can sleep through anything--the T.V. a dryer running, people talking, anything.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 7:37 PM on May. 5, 2009

• i have a white noise machine. absolute silence keeps me awake
    Nikidu

Answer by Nikidu at 7:41 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I like rain as well, but cannot stand people talking, television, or music!
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 7:41 PM on May. 5, 2009

• if i'm exhausted it doesn't matter. however on a normal night it has to be quiet, i can deal with a fan or the ac running but the tv or people talking i can't fall asleep. dh has to have the tv on so we take turns on who gets to fall asleep first (once i'm asleep it doesn't matter as long as its not loud) he'll wait for me to fall asleep and turn on the tv or i wait for him to fall asleep and turn it off. he has to have some kind of noise, tv or radio i can't do it, it always catches my attention and i want to watch or sing along
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:44 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I don't care about noises in general while I am falling asleep. However, I do not like music unless it is very quiet, for some reason it distracts me more than it helps me to fall asleep.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:47 PM on May. 5, 2009

• We have a fan that runs at night. I need it quiet to sleep and without the fan there's still little sounds that bother me. We all sleep with fans running year round.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 7:56 PM on May. 5, 2009