how do you deal with your only daugther telling you the she is bisexual?

she its only 16 years old, i can accepted i have religious belive and for more than i think to try to understant her i can its hurts me but its hurts her also. i think the she dont trust the guys because what i went trhu, domestic violence. plus my husband today chit on me and i forget him so and so i feel on part it my fault. im puttin to much preesure on her and on the other hand to me and our relationship

loly-pop

Asked by loly-pop at 7:45 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I know that there are people who think that there is a choice in sexuality but there isn't one. If she really is bisexual it isn't anything she can help. The fact that she trusted you enough to be open with you about it speaks volumes of the relationship between you two. I know that it probably isn't something you want to hear, but just remember that she doesn't feel very self assured at the moment either most likely. Also, I don't know if it's talked about that much in the open but a lot of teens deal with sexuality issues. It might just be a phase she's going through. I know a lot of people in my highschool thought they were bisexual, but most of them are married or in relationships with men today. The ones who aren't are happy to be the people they have grown to be. Just remember, either way, she's still your daughter: accepting her and loving her no matter what, even though that can be easier to say than practice.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:52 PM on May. 5, 2009

• LOL!
    Anonymous

• You can message me, btw, if you want to talk about it or need to vent or whatever.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:59 PM on May. 5, 2009