• In the Spotlight:

so i was thinking for my mom for mothers day...

I wanted to do hand prints in the clay but dont have the money to get eh clay stuff..so I was thinking of painting mine and my son's hand prints for my mother and then frame it. Cheesy...but sort of like, she's my mommy and I am a mommy type thing? Sound cute? Any other ideas? I like to be creative rather then purchasing something.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:59 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i bought a wood frame for $1 at michaels and some litle letters for cheap that spell out soccer stud
    my son [ainted the frame and letters and i glued them on
    then we put a pic of him playing soccer in it :)
    cheap and cute
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:00 PM on May. 5, 2009

• What about making some homemade playdough and then harden it with the handprint idea that you were already thinking? King Arthur Flour has a great recipe for this on their website. You can also use food coloring and scented oils in it if you like.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 9:52 PM on May. 5, 2009

• You can see that recipe here:

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/homemade-playdough-recipe
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 9:58 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I just did a handprint for her. When I was little I did one but in my mother and fathers divorce my father hid all those little things from her...so I thought this would make her smile. I made it purple..its cooking now :) thanks ladies
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:20 PM on May. 5, 2009