how do i punish my son?

I hate having to punish my son, but lately he's been out of controle he'll walk up and turn my computer off while im in the middle of homework or will get into our roommates dvds and throw them everywhere. We've tried spanking and smacking his hand but that does little to nothing and everytime i try to put him in time out he crawles out. Its really getting annoying what do i do.

rockmom89

Asked by rockmom89 at 8:03 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you put him in time out and he crawls out, pick him up and keep putting him back and reminding him 'time out, sit still' and why he's there again. You have to be consistant with it over and over and over before he'll get it and sit still but remember don't leave him in for more than one minute per year of age, his attention span isn't that long and will forget why he's there and that he needs to stay put. EVERYTIME he goes back to whatever you've told him not to touch put him in timeout, don't let him 'slide' even once! Consistancy is key....good luck
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 8:22 PM on May. 5, 2009