Can anyone tell me...

I have to have all my teeth pulled and get dentures this summer.I was wondering if anyone here could give me their experience if they have gone through this?I am really scared.I am only 24(mine is heredity and the dentist says to just yank them) and have never been put to sleep or had any kinda surgery.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Health

• If your that nervous talk with the dentist prior to your appt. Sometimes they will give you valium or something similar to take just prior to the appt. or they may use nitrous in which you could be out of it anyway. It can't hurt to ask.
    bearcat84

Answer by bearcat84 at 8:26 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Did you get a second opinion? That sounds REALLY extreme.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 11:06 PM on May. 5, 2009

• well my grandma got that done (not to be rude by using my grandma for example) but she is a whimp when it comes to stuff like that but she did it and thy gave her medication for the pain after the only thing she had trouble with for the first couple of weeks was learning how to talk in them.
    but she said she was numbed up the whole time and she didnt feel any pain. but after im pretty sure she took tylenol.
    casslynn09

Answer by casslynn09 at 1:55 AM on May. 6, 2009

• (OP)Several opinions...there is nothing they can do.My teeth are really messed up.And they got worse with both of my pregnancies.I dont mind doing it its just scary because I have never done anything like this...the only time I stayed at the hospital was when I had my babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Did anyone ever mention having implants? I think they're much better(lot of reasons) I know it's expensive-but look into it please.
    tropicsun

Answer by tropicsun at 7:37 PM on May. 15, 2009