I stupidly colored my hair RED

now it's faded to this awful rust color. I made an appointment for Friday in hopes that by then it fade back to my blonde that I had got colored before. Well after washing my hair every day in hot water with clarifying shampoo and normal shampoo and conditioner, it's fading but VERY slowly.

Any ideas as to what I can buy/use to get more of the red out WITHOUT taking out my previously colored blonde? Thanks ladies!

ours

Asked by ours at 8:25 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• How long ago did you color it? You can try to get a color remover but there is not gaurentee it will all come out and with it being red it probably wont. Red is the quickest to fade but hardest to remove! Good luck, where are you located?
    BrittanyE

Answer by BrittanyE at 8:42 PM on May. 5, 2009

• az

I colored it about a week and a half ago. Will the color remover remove my blonde as well?
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:22 PM on May. 5, 2009

• yeah dye it blond again
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 9:44 PM on May. 5, 2009

• That's expensive.
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:20 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Buy suave shampoo. Or the crap they sell at any dollar store. That should do the trick. Or go to a good salon and have your hair stripped and recolored. And if you're a natural blonde, do not ever color your hair again.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:21 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I'm not a natural blonde, I'm a natural dirty blonde/awful gray color haha. "ash" comes to mind.

I spent a lot of money to get it from faded black to blonde and my hair survived surprisingly enough, I would rather not strip all the color off it, and get more highlights. There has to be something that will just remove the red.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:09 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I'm a stylist.. red is a tough one to get out. I would recommend getting gradual highlights depending on what condition your hair is in. Also, you can go to a salon and get corrective color.. it's a little more expensive. Right now to get your hair back to a neutral shade, you need to put (I know this sounds weird) green in your hair. Reason this works is that red and green are on opposite ends of the color wheel and neutralize when mixed. After that, it will be much easier to get back to blonde.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:47 AM on May. 6, 2009

• its only like 5-10 dollars
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 2:48 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Okay, "aka" you're probably talking about box color and whether I decided to use that or not, I spent over a hundred dollars getting my hair from black to blond and it looked beautiful. It has probably over 4 to 5 different shades of blond that make it look natural and I loved it (too bad I get bored and decided to do red iiick). I'm not going to put a box color over it that won't look nearly as good and will cover what my stylist already did.

Never mind, I guess I will just let it fade and hopefully by Friday when I'm just supposed to get a root touch up and black highlights on the side, it'll be back to normal.
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:55 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I'm a natural blonde, and my ex-husband kept bugging me to dye my hair red (is that a clue or what?) and I asked my hairdresser at the time what she thought, and she said red is a very hard color to keep up-just a thought for anyone considering going red.
    tropicsun

Answer by tropicsun at 7:29 PM on May. 15, 2009