What level education did you reach?

I am amazed by the poor writing I read here and on other sites. It's either "too" instead of "to" for the entire post, or "u" and "2" and other shortcuts. I have a hard time reading some of the posts I see and wonder if I bother responding if the OP will be able to understand my reply..

so..what level of education did you receive?

And why isn't there an Education category to post this in?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 8:44 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Lol, I have my hs diploma but I use shortcuts.
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 8:45 PM on May. 5, 2009

• like, instead of using too or to I put 2. Yeah.
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 8:46 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I just realized how snobby that sounded, and I want to apologize. It just gets to me sometime when it takes me 10 minutes to read a post because of all the poor grammar, spelling and shortcuts.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:47 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I don't use shortcuts for the most part, maybe cuz instead of because or LOL or btw or whatever...

I have a Bachelors, and thinking about going for Masters. Accounting.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:48 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I have a HS Diploma and am midway through my Associate's Degree.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:48 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I have five university degrees including a Master's in Education and sometimes I use shortcuts bc I'm tired. It's good to learn how to decipher these posts that are in abbreviated form if you receive txt msgs. I have nine grandkids and have to be able to understand what they are coding to me!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:50 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Graduated college
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:52 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I have some college right now. I'm working on my AS
    But this is the internet and i'm not applying for a job interview. So i write however i want to. sometimes that includes those stupid internet jargons like IDK or WTF or 2 or b4. ...ect ect.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:57 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I don't get annoyed by the shortcuts because most of the time they're easy to understand it's definately the poor spelling and grammar that drive me nuts!

I started hanging out with the wrong crowd, got into drugs in my Senior year and ended up failing high school. I was so ashamed of myself! I cried for months after that! Then when I got pregnant with my dd 2 years later I felt that I NEEDED to get my diploma for her so I went and took my GED test when I was 8 months pregnant, all 3 tests in one day (imagine sitting that long 8 months pregnant...it was difficult but well worth it) I found out 2 weeks before she was born that I had passed! That was one of my greatest accomplishments!
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 8:58 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I have a year of college and my husband has a double masters. It's not like I'm writing a report for school or work. I do get really sloppy on here.
    Anonymous