Does anyone know of good hairstyles/cuts for really thick, poofy hair?

I have really thick hair, longish hair and tends to be really poofy. Ihate it. I have tried getting it thinned but it still looks poofy. Maybe it's b/c the hair stylists do it wrong? But I've tried mulitple hair stylists and lots of different cuts.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone else here have/had this problem??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• thick is one thing, but if you have frizzy hair do not get it thinned!!!!!!!!! it just makes it more frizzy/poofy!! same with layers..they just fuzz out further! i would find yourself a hair serum that works best for your hair, and also try a hair straightener..ya dont have to straighten it so your hair is like poker straight, but enuff to de-poof and defrizz it..so that its still straight and thick and beautifull
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:10 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I have really think hair and it does get frizzy if I don't blow dry it and straighten it. Do you straighten your hair everyday? Try a relaxer to end the poofiness. You can do many things with thick hair as long as it is tamed
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 9:16 PM on May. 5, 2009

• What about a lot of layers?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:15 PM on May. 5, 2009

• They aren't thinning it out enough. My sister has ridiculously thick hair and I use thinning shears on it all over. I also recommend getting a smoothing shampoo, Paul Mitchel's Super Skinny Serum, and flat iron (straighten it)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:42 AM on May. 6, 2009