Single moms please HELP!!

How did you single moms handle a newborn and a toddler(20 monthes)?? Im home by myself during the day and my mom gets home later and she helps but its pretty hard to manage both of them by myslef!! And when she wakes up in the middle of the night and I go to feed her he thinks its time to get up to... Any advice???

ladybug.ky88

Asked by ladybug.ky88 at 8:49 PM on May. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Be consistant with your toddler. that is the most important thing. consitancy. whatever you decide to do stick to it. at this age it might take 20 minutes to make your point or it might take 4 hours to make your point.
    where do you nurse? is there a place for your toddler to sit near you? you might consider giving the child a couple books and telling him he can stay there as long as he is quiet or he rests. remember that children understand a lot more then we sometimes think they do. Explain that after the baby is fed it's time to go back to bed. OR you could just constantly put the child back in bed. That might cause more screaming, but whatever you decide to do be consistant. number one rule to raising a toddler 1. NEVER GIVE IN! number 2 rule: NO MEANS NO! yep. ...
    i'm not a single mother, but i raise 2 boys 13 months apart and my DH is deployed. hope i helped.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:54 PM on May. 5, 2009

• you just got to relax and learn to breath. Im curently single w/ 5 kids and im all by myself, you just need to teach your self routines for each child. its stressful. but im sure you can pull through
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 10:16 PM on May. 5, 2009