Any tips on how to calm an active baby?

At times it seems like there are 3 babies inside for how active my baby gets. Its sooooo funny but yet at times it gets real annoying when im trying to relax. It seems like she gets a boost of energy ( more or less like pure sugar) out of the blue and goes nuts. Any ideas or tips to i guess you can say " put her to sleep" or calm her down?

CJK_2009

Asked by CJK_2009 at 9:09 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • Walking around. You don't notice her because when you are active you are actually rocking her to sleep...when you sit and relax or try to sleep the movement stops and it wakes her up.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:10 PM on May. 5, 2009

• walking, soft music, and drinking water or eating something heavy usually works for my little one. and yup when you sit down that is when they wake up b/c they aren't being rocked anymore, (which is why they like it so much when they are born) so try to find out what position works best for her to be asleep. if i lay on my right side the baby doesn't move as much as if i were just sitting down or laying on the left side. with my daughter it was if i was kind of just lounging, sitting up but leaning back against something
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:14 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Cool it on the sugar or caffeine, if you eat or drink stuff with that.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:14 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Eat less sugary foods, including carbs/starches. Remember that what you're eating is feeding her. But Carolynbarnett is right, you're lulling her to sleep with movement, (just like rocking her in your arms) and when you stop is her time to play.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:14 PM on May. 5, 2009

• That is going to be an active girl lets start our bets for the olimpics lol If you have an MP3 player or a walk man put soothing music or calm lullibys put the head phones on your belly she can listen to it and it wont disturb you when your tring to relax .Good luck my son was like that I tried taking a warm bath didnt work then i tried walking at the end of the walk i would feel like i had a bruise in my pelic area so that didnt work.and how can you relax if your walking with all that weight in the front a block feels like a marathon.Putting music around the belly did it at least for me GOOD LUCK.
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 9:16 PM on May. 5, 2009

• If you are trying to relax after eating it wont work eat less your stomach can make the baby feel uncomfortible and that why she is moving so much and cold drinks do to leave the ICE when drinking .The baby can feel a child and make her uncomfortible
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 9:18 PM on May. 5, 2009

• i have tried all this stuff also my baby is VERY ACTIVE as well its like the new karate kid in the making.. most of the time my little girl kicks so hard and so much your can see my belly jumping all over the place it is kinda werid..we were at my step sons baseball game and another mom commented on how crazy it was that she could she her kicking like that she thought i was having more than one because she saw the kicks all over my bump.. LOL
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 11:29 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Sometimes it is just like that. My son was a crazy kicker inside and now he's a VERY active toddler. He would make my entire bellywarp back and forth because he would kick and roll at the same time. Especially near the end it would be painful, but that's just a part of pregnancy... They really do start their personalities before birth, so just sit back and get ready for an active baby girl!
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:28 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I have heard that low sugar peanut butter can slow down hyper kids outside the womb eats some peanut butter LOL cant hurt and try to walk around a little bit see if that puts her out
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 5:19 PM on May. 6, 2009