How am I supposed to

eat right when all I want is SALT?? Any substitutions for bad for you cravings?

ours

Asked by ours at 9:26 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pickles! They have lots of sodium, but I think they are calorie free. Yummmmm Pickles sound so good.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 9:26 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Really?? I'll send my husband to the store :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:27 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Try sea salt instead maybe what you want is a salty food like chips or something Your preggu whats wrong with eating this is the only time you can get away with it
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 9:27 PM on May. 5, 2009

• If you want salt then just suck on a pretzel when you have the craving. That way its controlled and once the pretzel is gone then be done with it. Eat a few peanuts. Nothing will cure the craving until you give your body what it wants. Just don't drink a whole container of it and you will be fine. You can even lick your finger and put some on it and suck it off or on a spoon or on food of course just get low sodium salt.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:28 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I gained 60 pounds last time and am left with 20 of that so I'm trying to be good with this pregnancy
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:30 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Eat corn chips and salsa and/or guacamole. The chips are nice and salty, and are relatively good for you (compared to fries, potato chips, etc.) I eat that all the time. I also will open a can of refried beans to dip the chips in every once in a while.

GL!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 9:38 PM on May. 5, 2009