Im still trying but it doesnt work.

So far i've tried everything to get my daughter to fall asleep between 4pm and 11pm. All she wants to do is cry in those times. The only way i can get her to fall asleep is bouncing her up and down on my leg. And that gets annoying after awhile. Im hoping to give her a bottle with formula in it to help her pass out.
But she either doesn't like the bottle or the formula. Im not sure. But she won't take the bottle. I've tried Avent, Dr. Browns and Medela. She doesn't like those ones.
What should i do?

MirandaCakes

Asked by MirandaCakes at 9:47 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try the Nuby brand. They are cheap and seem to work the best. Try putting a little rice cereal in the bottle. Worse comes to worse, let her cry it out. Sounds worse then it really is.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:49 PM on May. 5, 2009

• why doesnt she like the formula? is she normally formula fed?
    Anonymous

• how old is she and what are her other usual sleeping times? my very first guesses would be colic or gas ....
    mysweetJBs

Answer by mysweetJBs at 9:50 PM on May. 5, 2009

• try a different formula, (I recommend Enfamil) and I went cheep with bottles, my LO never had much of an issue with them. You said bouncing comforts her, might be she's gassy. Try lying her on her stomach on a warm rice pack (not hot, just warm) and rubbing her back. After a few minutes pick her up and put her against your shoulder and pat her back lightly. How old is she?
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:51 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I don't know if I will be much help, but someone told me about this thing, I don't even know what it is called, that you can get at target or online at one step ahead that you put under the crib mattress and it vibrates the whole bed. Maybe she would like that since she likes to be bounced.
    Anonymous

• how old is she? u should never let a baby cry it out,its just mean. babys slowly lean cause and effect....meaning my dd know if shes upset and crying mommy comforts her...letting a baby cry it out lets them believe they cry and mommy does nothing. and putting cereal in a bottle is a choking hazard and u shouldnt do unless told to by a pedi!
    Anonymous

• I had the same problem with my daughter. I tried ever nipple,bottle and formula known to man. I had to starve her. It almost killed me but it was the only way I could get her to drink from a bottle. I also agree with the cereal in the bottle my daughter like the banana kind or try baby food. That works also

akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 9:54 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Try setting a pattern. Do the same things at the same time every night. She will know what to expect from one night to the next. Try things like reading to her, give her a kiss, tuck her in, say good night, and leave. Let her cry it out. After a while she will realize that you aren't going to be suckered into coming back or staying there because she is crying. My son was the same way. Someone suggested this and I wasn't sure it would work. I kept doing it, and now if I forget to do one of the things, he reminds me. It will work out, good luck!
    ArtisticHPfan

Answer by ArtisticHPfan at 10:13 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Do you usually breastfeed or give her your milk in a bottle? I am not sure why you said she doesn't like the formula, does she usually have formula? She sounds a little gassy or uncomfortable if the only way to calm her down is to bounce her, is she allergic to formula or your milk maybe? Start a routine at the same time...warm bath, story, nursing/bottle and the cuddle her wherever is most comfortable. I would never let her cry, you didn;t say how old she is but even still babies need their mothers comfort, they do not need to be scared in a dark room in a hard crib alone.
    LeoneLover13

Answer by LeoneLover13 at 2:05 AM on May. 6, 2009