I JUST FOUND OUT I AM PREGNANT AND AM A LIL WORRIED CAUSE I WAS DRINKING BEER UP UNTIL LAST FEW DAYS AGO..WILL THAT HURT MY BABY.?

michelle0319

Asked by michelle0319 at 9:54 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My doctor always told me not to worry about what you did before you found out you were pregnant just not to do it now that you know. I'm sure your baby is fine, and congrats!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:56 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Baby will be fine just don't drink now that you know. Same thing happened to me doc said don't worry about it.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:56 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I did a lot more than drink beer before my kids :) I would think MANY MANY women are in the same boat and our kids are born just fine!!! Don't worry!! It's time to celebrate now!!
    mysweetJBs

Answer by mysweetJBs at 9:57 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Are you very far along or just a few weeks? If you figured out you were pregnant right away, you are probably worried for nothing. If everyone who had a drink before they realized they were pregnant had babies with issues from it, well, you know where I'm going. As long as you stopped as soon as you realized you were pregnant, everything will probably be just fine.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:57 PM on May. 5, 2009

• yeah no kidding, i was drinking the friday and saturday and sunday before i found out on monday, my baby is 4 months today and has been rolling over since 1 month old lol
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 9:57 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Congrats hon!! dont beat yourself up! i did the same thing with hard alcohol before i found out i was prego with BOTH of mine... You and Baby should be just fine... :)
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 9:59 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks..right after I was in a bar-hopping party phase. I was worried too but my doc said most women don't find out they are pregnant till a few weeks later and that as long as you quit whatever behavior you were doing before you knew you were pregnant, you are probably in the clear. I wouldn't worry about it. I am now 26 weeks and my little boy is doing great and we have had no problems so far (knock on wood.) Congrats!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:59 PM on May. 5, 2009

• your baby will be ok I was pregnant new year 06 and didn't know it and got drunk and my little girl turned out fine.

My friend drank knowing she was pregnant and her dd is also fine
    Anonymous

• before I found out I was pregnant i smoked cigarettes..drank not only beer but hard alcohol..and smoked medical cannibos. When I found out I was pregnant I quit all three (the cigarettes and weed for good) and my baby is fine as long as you quit it now that you know yours should be fine 2
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:58 PM on May. 5, 2009

• The week before I found out I was pregnant I did more drinking than I normally do over five years! Two friends turned 21, it was Christmas, and there were lots of holiday parties. Then right before New Years I realized my period was a few days late.

When I brought my worry to the doc he said that more than likely everything will be fine (which it was). As long as you stop drinking and any other bad things as soon as you find out, the baby should be fine. There is always a chance, but it has more to do with genetics. Bring it up to your doctor and he will let you know if you should be worried.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:25 AM on May. 6, 2009