38 weeks and vomiting

38 weeks 4 days pregnant. I have been severely nauseated all day today and about 2 hours ago started vomiting; I have managed to stop vomiting but have sharp pains around my belly button area and the nausea persists even though I have taken antacids. The nausea gets worse and I do actually vomit or if there is nothing in my stomach spit up acid or just dry heave about every 7-10 minutes. I haven't been feeling any contractions since the vomiting started but I don't know if the spasms from the vomiting could be masking the contraction pain and the contractions causing the urge to vomit. I have also been running a low grade fever ( 99.3-99.5) for about 2 hours. I don't know if this is normal and something that will pass on its own or if I should go ahead and call my on-call Dr.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would call the on call doc, if you are vomiting that much you may end up dehydrated which could lead to contractions, and yes you are full term but they'd also have to deal with the dehydration if it were to cause you to go into labor. at the most he'll tell you to go to labor and delivery they will check you out make sure you aren't having contractions and give you something for the naseau. at the least he'll tell you to wait til tomorrow and see your reg doc. but i had that problem last time i was preg at 37 weeks and they told me to go to L&D if i couldn't keep anything down for at least 8 hours especially fluids, and i went in and they gave me a shot to help with the nasuea and monitored me for about an hour said baby was ok and sent me home
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:11 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I woulod call doc just cuz ur vomiting so much (which can cause dehydration) and cuz you have a fever
    Anonymous