Boys and Pink

If your boys liked pink, would you let them play with girl stuff?

My 8mo DS is fascinated with pink stuff so I am thinking about getting him a pink toy.. I think he likes it so much because none of his stuff is pink.. well other than a neon pink hanger that my dad let him play with one night that is now his lol.

Just wondering because I know of so many people who think if they let their boys play with girl stuff that it will turn them gay.. which is so ignorant.. pink is merely another color :)

What are your opinions?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 10:00 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• All of my boys and my nephews have loved pink at one point. I don't think it is a big deal.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:05 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Let him have something pink. It wont' turn him GAY! It is just another color of the rainbow and if he is interested then let him have it. I have a friend whose son plays dress with his sisters stuff b/c he thinks its cool, but he is also ALL boy. I hope he has fun with his new toy.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:05 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Just b/c he likes pink doesn't mean he'll turn out gay or anything. So ahead...get him a pink toy. Maybe a pink ball, blocks, toy car, etc.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 10:07 PM on May. 5, 2009

• my daughter has trucks, cars and pirates of the carribean toys. all "boy" toys according to some people. dh had said in the past he would freak if "any boy of his" played with dolls or anything like that, so i'm glad we had a girl first, shes almost 3 and our lil man will be here in a little over two weeks, so we sat down and i told him if he ever tells my son its gay or "thats for girls" i'd have to kick him in the nuts :) hes got a big sister so theres "girlie" toys everywhere and hes bound to play with him. the limit for me is no wearing girls clothes (princesses etc) and no hair bows aside from that if my kids want to play with something that isn't meant for their "sex" than oh well i don't think it turns any one gay or straight or anything like that. for boys it teaches nurturing qualities for girls it teaches that they don't have to just do the traditional girl stuff
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:08 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Our 2 youngest sons, 5,and 6, have a doll, it's Tommy from Rugrats, anyway, they play with it, treat it like it's a real baby. It's so sweet to watch. And no I'm not worried about it turning them"gay".
    Our 12 yr old has 2 pink t-shirts, and a nice polo shirt thats pink. He looks so nice in them. The t-shirts say "tough guys wear pink" and the other is just a nice dress shirt. I never really made an issue out of the pink thing. And even if they all are homosexual when they grow up, I don't see pink having anything to do with it,lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:13 PM on May. 5, 2009

• No biggie and some boys big and small look good in a light pink shirt imo
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 10:17 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Get him a hot pink ball.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:25 PM on May. 5, 2009

• It's so cute, we were at Carters picking out clothes for him and I took him to the toy wall and brought him closer to whichever way he looked.. he reached out to a small pink doll and held onto it.. I didn't have extra cash on me or I would have bought it for him lol. His neon pink hanger will have to do for now.. I have to get a video or something of him playing with it!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:11 PM on May. 5, 2009

• My almost 13 yr old has 2 pink shirts. 1 says "Boys can wear pink too". My son always played with girl toys when he was little. Pink is just a color and it will not turn a kid gay. Go to the dollar store and get him a pink toy. He's just a little kid, let him be a kid.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:28 PM on May. 5, 2009