i have a question

I dyed my hair dark dark brown when DD was like 2 or 3 months old (she now 10mos) anyway with summer coming i really wanna go blonde but i cant afford an expensive salon do but i dont know what else to do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Are there any beauty school near you? They do hair for cheap.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 10:06 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Wow...that's such a mom thing to do...gauge time by how old your child is. haha. I do that, too. (Well, back when Coop was 5 months, I...")

Anyway...yeah, beauty school. Risk it turning orange w/ Sun In. Or just do it gradually w/ a home kit.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 10:10 PM on May. 5, 2009

• beauty schools, that's the way.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:12 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Not just beauty schools but here the Aveeda and Toni and Guy salons both have hair model days where new stylist do free or very cheap cuts and color on you to try them out. You can find these deals on Craigslist under beauty and salons or whatever it is at the bottom of the page. I've had some of my best cuts that way!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:52 AM on May. 6, 2009

• try a beauty school but its almost impossible to go lighter with box color without it turning orange my best advice salon...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on May. 6, 2009

• You didn't say if you were naturally light or dark before you dyed your hair brown. If light, I would say do it yourself-I've had great luck since I was laid off at work and couldn't afford salons for a while. There are always coupons in the Sunday paper off brands, and they really aren't bad. There are so many now too choose from. If your dark, it's even easier. But if you're dark your natural coloring (skin, face, eyebrows) will look better anyway with a dark color-not light. Go with what you naturally would be.
    tropicsun

Answer by tropicsun at 6:17 PM on May. 15, 2009