what time is to sleep thru the night?

hey moms! i am desperately trying to get my 5 month old to sleep through the night?!?! Shes only now getting on a schedule that sorta works for me howeverat about 6:30 she wants to SLEEP!!!! But if she sleeps then shes up and down up and down almost alll through the night... HELP ME! LOL My son is 8 and I want to do it much differently with my daughter .ie: he slept w/ me till he was 4 and didnt walk till almost 2 1/2! I was a young mom with him so I wasnt aware totally of the "spoiling your kid syndrome" so any advice would be more thanwelcomed! thanks and God Bless

-momOFtwo-

Asked by -momOFtwo- at 10:13 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she getting enough naps throughout the day? Is she being stimulated enough? I don't know what time she gets up and stays up for the day. At that age, my son was down for the night around 10-11pm and was up by 8-9am... with two or three wakings in between. Now he is 10 months old and naps for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, twice a day and he goes to bed at 9-10pm and wakes up at 9-10am. No wakings. He decided he didn't need his midnight munchies when he was 9 1/2 months old. You may have to just deal with couple wakings until your little one is ready. As much as it sucks.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:05 PM on May. 5, 2009

• MY DAUGHTER WAS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT AT ABOUT 3 MONTH. NO HER TEETH ARE COMING OUT SO SHE WAKES UP FEW TIMES. MAYBE YOUR BABY TEETHING? ASK A DOCK.
    DaryaK

Answer by DaryaK at 11:36 PM on May. 5, 2009

• That;s part of being a mom. They don't sleep through the night til they are ready. If you force it now, you're gonna have problems down the road... trust me. My 3 year old doesn't even sleep through yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 6, 2009

• My daughter slept six solid hours for the first time at 8 months. Babies sleep and eat when they need to , not when we want them so.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:52 AM on May. 6, 2009