Bed Wetting

My Godson is 3yo and had successfully completed potty training but now we have the bed wetting problem. I Know that there are "protective sheets" the ones that go on the bed to prevent it from soiling the bed i know what i mean but have no damn idea where to even begin to shop for a couple HELP!!!!!

mama2b2428

Asked by mama2b2428 at 10:13 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Any department store should have them. Even target or places like that. The Company Store has really nice ones that don't leave the sheet feeling wet and sweaty.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:17 PM on May. 5, 2009

• walmart or the mattress store. You could use a trash bag until you find them. Well good luck. You could also try pull ups they work good also. Well good luck

akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 10:17 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Just about any store that sells sheets will sell waterproof mattress protectors.
    There are also products made just for bedwetting...
    http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Handys-Mattress-Pad/dp/B00003XAKR/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1241576130&sr=8-7
    or
    http://www.bedwettingstore.com/category_bedding.htm

Remember, it doesn't matter how long he's been day time trained. That has nothing to do with nighttime. It's like expecting someone who has been doing breathing exercises in the day to not snore at night. Once he is asleep, he is not in control of what his body does. Many, many kids wet until age 6. It's normal.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:18 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I had 2 bedwetters and they just wore pull-ups because I wasn't about to wash sheets every single day. My son stopped wetting the bed at 6 1/2 (that was last summer). He'll be 8 in October and still has occasional accidents, usually because he goes to bed super tired.
    My middle daughter is 6 1/2 now and still wets the bed with no signs of stopping any time soon. She just sleeps too soundly. As long as she wears her pull-up we are good.
    My other 2 kids (now almost 9 and 3) never wet the bed.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:48 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Keep him in pull-ups at night until he starts staying dry all night. A lot of kids are not ready to make it through the night yet at 3.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:09 PM on May. 6, 2009

• my son is 3 going on 4 in a month he just wears pull-ups, ya im not about to wash bedding everyday either.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 8:58 PM on May. 6, 2009