how long do's it take to recover after haveing a baby natural an or c section

do's it take months weeks or do's it depend on how u have it

jessica82009

Asked by jessica82009 at 10:18 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with my first i was fine when i came home from the hospital at 2 days the only thing is my private was sore for about a couple weeks, but because i had to have forceps with baby 2 i would had also been fine after but i had problems with leaking spinal fluid after the epidural so i ended up with 2 blood patches so i was in a lot of pain with back pain and headaches for about 2 months and i still have the headaches 16 months now i have been seeing a nerologist to see why i keep getting headaches
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:23 PM on May. 5, 2009

• it depends on each person it took me 2 weeks after my son and i had him naturally with no drugs. I have also heard it depends on how much weight u gained during the pregnancy
    Anonymous

• mommy5409 you are getting those head acks because when they have you the epidural they pinched the main never. this happens very offten when getting epidurals
    Anonymous

• I think every mom is different for me it took about 4 to 5 weeks I had a natural birth
    MizfitMommy

Answer by MizfitMommy at 10:31 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I had a labor then a section and later two sections. My first one I was really sick with an infection and was kept in the hospital for over a week. Things were really hard when I came home finally. But my next two sections with out labor because of that bad experieince the first time my doctors made sure it didn't happen again, were not bad. I felt better within about 2 to three weeks after my last two sections. You're not supposed to walk up and down stairs for about three weeks after sections, at least I wasn't because of my history. I had an epidural for each of my three sections. I know like spinal anesthes. they can cause headaches too. I hope mommy5409 gets better! and op good luck to you and CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Anonymous

• i had a c-section and was fine the next day. my incesion took about 3 weeks to heal.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:43 PM on May. 5, 2009