Who has lost 50 lbs ? How did you do it? And how long did it take you ? I am 192 lb s and want to lose 50

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• when i was 18 I weighed 325lbs and by my 19th birthday i weighed 180lbs and by my 21st birthday i weighed 120lbs. I did it all my taking green tea and Fahrenheit diet pills. I also worked out 3 days a week for 2 hrs each time walking and sit ups. so that when i lost all the weight there wouldnt be alot of extra skin.....
    Anonymous

• My husband lost 40 lbs in about 3 months. He exercises and changed his diet to exclude fats and he eats lean meat and vegetables. He eats 6 small meals a day. Take the smallest plate you have in your house and that's your food plate. He doesn't drink sodas and doesn't drink that much beer either. When he's at work he jogs on his half and walks on his 10 minute breaks. He also lifts weights a little at home and uses the Wii Fit.

He smokes too, I guess that was part of him giving up eating. idk I hope I helped you. It can be done, it takes will power, plus we believe in Christ and pray when we're weak.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:24 PM on May. 5, 2009

• BTW he went from 230 to 180.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:27 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I went from 204 to 140 in the past two years. I started going for 1/4mile walks in the evening and (seriously this works) eating off of smaller plates. When you get done, wait a little while, if you still feel hungry after 15 to 20 mins. then have seconds. You'll be surprised how few times you go back for more! Also, drink lots of water. It fills you up between meals.
    Nikidu

Answer by Nikidu at 10:29 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I've lost 41 lbs. in 2 months. Granted, I got a lap band placement, but believe me...that only helps you to eat small portions. It's still dieting and it's work. I have to eat healthy foods, exercise, take supplements, not drink with meals, but drink water (or crystal light) every chance I get. I literally carry my water bottle around with me everywhere.

I know I may not be that helpful due to the band in some people's eyes, but trust me it's not gastric bypass. It doesn't come off nearly as fast and it's still hard work.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:54 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Eat small portions-cut the amount in half. Instead of a whole potato, just half. Two hamburgers? Just one. Half a pizza? Just two pieces. It would be better to not even eat that pizza.Don't eat fast food. Fill up on water. AND, eat a good breakfast, an average lunch and a small dinner. Walk. Just walk everyday. And when you start loosing that weight, try more activity and weight lifting. Muscles burn calories. Replace dessert with fruit-like an apple. Non fat yogurt. A handful of walnuts--low or no salt snacks. Write down the calories in every thing you eat all day long and keep the total to at least 500 calories less than you usually eat each day. Good luck!!! I lost 18 but need to lose 10 more. My daughter lost also, doing what I just described.
    Anonymous

How overweight were you if you don't mind me asking?
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 12:24 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I lost a little over 30 lbs (from 172 down to a range of 138 - 142) in a just a couple of months by taking out breads, starches, and sugar. I didn't go to a gym, I didn't starve, but I made sure that I didn't just sit doing nothing like watching tv. I kept moving all day long. In the evening, I stood behind the chair and "worked out", even tho I didn't have a clue how to workout. I did the plain old regular exercises. I didn't use special equipment, sweat like hog.

So my original weight loss? No sugars, starches, plenty plenty of water to drink, and movement. That was 5 years ago.

Once you get that first fast fat loss, it takes much more to lose the last 10-20 lbs. I have to do a regular work out routine with change ups and diet modifications now. This last ten is kicking my fanny but I'm getting there. :) Good luck!
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:43 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I don't believe in dieting; it will just keep you on the gain/lose roller coaster. Here is the family lifestyle change that will work for life. At least 20 minutes of brisk walking or other exercise at least three times a week. Drink water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Eat fruits & vegetables, 7-8 servings in at least 3 colors a day. Start replacing your white foods (simple grains like white rice, bread, pasta) with whole grains (like brown rice, quinoa, whole grain bread & torillas, whole wheat pasta, working your way up to 7 servings of whole grains a day. Cut way back on, or eliminate, meat and dairy; eat beans and lentils. Go to your local library & look for any book by Dr. McDougall. Free meal plans and recipes here: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. I have many family-tested recipes, msg me any time!

Answer by rkoloms at 4:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• my mom has lost 47 pounds doing a nutritional cleansing program, her goal is 50 total--she's right around the corner!!! i'm so proud of her! let me know if you want more info
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 2:50 PM on May. 7, 2009