Breast Pump

Does it really matter if you buy a single or double pump? I'm trying to decide which one I am going to buy, and I can't justify spending $40 extra for a double, unless it's really necessary? A single is just as good, right?

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 10:21 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have a single pump...I like it better because it seems more "natural" if that makes sence I mean the baby can only feed on one breast at a time and Im only going to use the pump when I leave baby alone with my b/f anyway...I dont see a point in buying a double sure it takes more time but oh well what else do I have to do anyway?
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 10:53 PM on May. 5, 2009

• yes it does, if you pump both at the same time you will get more milk then if you do one at a time
    Anonymous

• The double pump is worth the money .Because it takes a while for the milk to come out and if you can get them both in one shot thats great .
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 10:26 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I loved my double pump because when you are exhausted and just want to sleep but have to pump first, a double cuts that time in half. Plus, when pumping or feeding on one side, the other will leak anyhow you may as well catch everything you can! Also, with a double you can always unplug the second horn and use it as a single. More than worth the extra $40.

A breastpump is something you don't want to skimp on, call your local Le Leche League and see if they have some that you can play with to help you decide between models.
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:15 AM on May. 6, 2009