Is it okay for me to go to collage since my daughter is 9 years old?

I feel like I'm going to neglect her and I really don't want her to feel neglected.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• Nothing wrong with it.
    Anonymous

• go, it'll be good for her to see mom go back to school and get her degree. you won't be neglecting her, you can do online courses, or classes while she is in school, and then you guys can do your homework together.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:24 PM on May. 5, 2009

• wow THAT IS GREAT!!!! Good for YOU you're showing your daughter something important, that raising a family is important and also self fullfilment!!! Many classes at least at community colleges can be taken on line and some times even degrees can be completed on line. You'd stil be allowed to use all facilities at the 2 year college. I'm not sure about on line classes at four year colleges. You might be able to time some classes after dd in school and maybe on line classes for when she's home if you want to. Very very impressive Mom!!!! What do you want to study?
    Anonymous

• My mom started college when I was seven. She had five kids and worked full time. We didn't feel neglected! I was SOOOO proud of her when she graduated. She graduated in four and a half years and had a GPA of 3.9. She was my inspiration to go. I started when my baby was three months old, it took eight years but I did it.
    I think it would be wonderful to show her if you want something bad enough you can accomplish it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:27 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I have been in college for the last 4 1/2 years straight. My children have learned from me that you never take an education for granted and you never make excuses in life. I think the lessons that you will teach your daughter will far out way the time that you are away from her. Besides, eventually she is going to get older and more independent, what will you do then if you have never accomplished any of your personal goals?

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 10:29 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Her life will benefit and so will yours.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:32 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Can you take classes just while she is in school? During puberty, girls really need their mother at hand. Be there for her when she has those questions about sex and drugs. What she doesn't learn from you, she will learn from the kids at school. You really don't want that. Seriously, she needs you to be there before and after school at the very least. Sorry folks, I think raising children comes before so-called "self fulfillment".
    Anonymous

• Oh Anon get over yourself! A couple hours away from a child per day does not take away from the child.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 12:07 AM on May. 6, 2009

• No, but being at school for what? 8-9 hours and then some depending on if mom is taking evening classes or not, that not just a few hours now is it???????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on May. 6, 2009

• Anon have you ever been to college? You can take online classes and classes once per week for 3 hours for each course. Her daughter is in school which means that she can go to school while her daughter is also in school. I have 6 years of college all of which I did full time and I have never spent even close to 8 hours per day in class. How about learning about the issue before you try to debate it!

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 1:37 AM on May. 6, 2009